Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Anxiety Averted. . . sorta

Okay you remember that post a couple days ago about me freaking out about the future? yeah. I feel a little bit better about my place in the world.

I just spent the better part of 3 hours planning the next 3 years of my life. I don't know minor details like where I'm going to live for those 3 years or how I'm going to pay for food, but I know what classes I'm going to take. which makes me feel reasonably content that I at least have a chance of getting a job at Random House when I graduate. which of course would be a dream come true.

However, I need some more motivation. I need some big New York posters or something. and a map. and i want to visit on vacation (which my dad will probably not do, but it would be so cool if he did)

Okay here's my plan: I work my ass off for the next 3 years getting a BA in English Language and Literature with a Writing Specialization and a professional Writing Certificate.

sound hard?

Oh, and did I mention that I want to graduate with honors?
it probably won't happen, but I'm aiming for it.

High school was such a personal failure for me that I want college to make me someone that employers want to hire.

That's all. I'm going to have a talk with my adviser to see if it's actually possible to do this. not today. maybe sometime later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment