Sunday, October 21, 2012

Insecurity

I'm very insecure. Agreed? Agreed.

About what, you ask?

what am I NOT insecure about?

not much.

I'm not even comfortable in my own skin. If people look at me, I want to disappear. why can't I just be like everyone else? Why can't I just speak to people and make friends. maybe then I wouldn't hate myself so much. maybe then I wouldn't hate everything around me. maybe then I wouldn't have to be so sad all the goddamned time. because I could actually build a support system that didn't only involve family members who are obligated to tell me that I'm beautiful and awesome and I should just put myself out there because people will love me.

no. they won't. How could someone love me when even I can't stand myself?

anyone?

anyone?

. . .

That's what I thought.

1 comment:

  1. Really Now?! How many times do we have to go over this? Pull up your socks and blow your nose little one.
    You have friends, and you have family, and you know darn well they love you. We just cannot always be there because you are becoming an adult and taking care of your responsibilities. Which you receive a lot of recognition for because so far you have been the only youngin' in this family, besides L.J. taking care of your business. You also know that YOU CAN call anybody when you need to, so call that support system, don't expect them to just know when you are having a down day. BTW, eventually you will become more confident, make more friends and be enjoying your young life but remember call when it is necessary.

    ReplyDelete