Saturday, February 9, 2013

Fridays Are For Sleeping. . . Apparently

If you know me, you know that I don't sleep real well. I'll often get only 3 or 4 hours of sleep on a school night. I don't know how these things work for most people, but for me, as the week goes on, I get progressively more tired and by the time I get to the weekend, I'm so exhausted that I sleep for a day.

Okay, that was a bit of an exaggeration.

let's take this past week as an example. I started off Monday tired already cause I stayed up all night before school (cause this no sleep thing is a terrible cycle). I was really tired, but it tried my best to stay up absolutely as long as possible. It wasn't all that long. I probably went to sleep around 5 pm. and then i woke up at around midnight or so, unable to fall back asleep. typical. around 5 or 6 am I finally get tired enough to fall asleep. I get to sleep for a couple of hours before I have to do the whole thing over again.

Thursdays are always the worst. I have all of my classes then, so I don't get to fall asleep early. My last class ends at 8 pm so I have to stay up at least that late. Somehow, I managed it. and then when I got home, I took a shower and ate (cause for once I put food as a higher priority than sleep) and I finally got to sleep around 11. That's pretty early for me considering that when I'm not going to bed at 5 pm I'm usually going to bed at like 4 am.

So, surprisingly, I sleep through the night. I woke up at around 9am. I was all "yeah, maybe I'll get on a normal sleep schedule and not hate myself all next week. I made breakfast, read some of my book, had lunch.

I started feeling tired again around 2 pm

I resisted as long as I could. I ate my lunch and tried to keep myself occupied. It seriously didn't work.

I ended up falling asleep around 4 pm

And I slept
and slept
and slept.

it was nearly 2 in the morning when I woke up.

So yes, I almost slept through the entire day of Friday.
and the worst part is, after being awake for about 15 minutes, I felt like I could sleep some more.

So. . . yeah. I'm a little annoyed with sleep at the moment. and I've been up since 2 in the morning. I'm glad I have 3 day weekends though. it allows me to have about the same weekends as other people because every week my entire Friday is sacrificed to sleep.

So. yeah.
Goodnight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment